Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Change is as Good as a Rest

...or so the saying goes.

Well, a lot of things have changed for me, and are still changing, but so far I'm still waiting for the rest part. Maybe next week.

New job. I'm a Development Advisor for Advisicon, a project management and development organization in Portland, Oregon. New opportunities to learn, work and grow. Working as part of a larger team is quite a difference from the last five years as a solo act.

New city. I'm living in Gresham, a suburb of Portland. I've managed to acquire a bed and a kitchen table so far. (If you have any surplus furniture and live within, say 15 miles, of downtown Gresham, I can probably take it off your hands.)

New "social status", pending. My divorce should be final soon, I hope. Well, me and my bank account both are looking forward to that. The attorney seems to have other plans. (Just kidding, you're a great guy!!)

Plus my daughter is back in school at WSU in Pullman and just joined a sorority. While I'm proud as I can be of her, she keeps moving further and further away as she becomes more and more a self-sufficient adult.

So, with all that going on, this blog has suffered from neglect. I hope that will change soon, as "things" get back to "normal" for me.


George